Lookin' Good at 58

Sunday, September 14, 2008

What Recession?

This past week has been pretty weird at work.I mean here we are in the throes of a downturn in the economy what with the manufacturing job losses here in Ontario , the rising gas prices because of a hurricane taking place far away in the Southern U.S., a drop in the stock market last week and to top everything off we have our 3rd election in 4 years to elect a Prime Minister,

You would think that people would be somewhat concerned wouldn't you? But during this month I have seen more people come out and eat more and drink more and much to my satisfaction tip more as well.

Like on Friday night my tip average was 20%.I had to count 3 times to make sure that I didn't make a mistake when doing my cash out.It was easy too as I had all tables of 2 and one 4 top.Twenty people altogether.People were tipping like crazy.

Tonight was the same thing and although my tip average was somewhat lower at 17.9%, due to my higher sales I walked out of the restaurant with a fair bit of cash.Even more than the other night.I served 34 people tonight.Everybody was eating lobster and crab and big steaks.I mean doesn't anyone know that money is tight!

Don't get me wrong I am not complaining.Bring it on I say.If this is September if it continues like this it is going to be great leading up to Christmas.

Just don't let anyone out there think there might be a recession going on out there.Like I have mentioned before ,recession or not people still have to eat.That is one good thing about working in a restaurant that caters to the masses.It is pretty much recession proof.

I like that........

No comments: